Welcome To ERSOP
Innovative ERISA Plan Consulting and Administration. We tell you what you need to know before you commit. We have no sales personnel, you speak only with pension professionals. We sell no investments.
- More than 35 years of Qualified Benefit Plan Consulting experience assisting thousands of entrepreneurs manage their start-ups.
- Our parent company, SDCooper Company, is the primary developer of the Entrepreneur Rollover Stock Ownership Plan®— ERSOP® Plans where you can invest your IRA & 401(k) money into a business or investment you can actually manage.
- Qualified Plan Admin.—Defined Benefit, Defined Contributions, ESOP, Welfare Benefit, Take-overs and Orphan Plans.
- IRS and Department of Labor Plan Audits— Where our clients have fared very well.
- Forms—Our Plan documents are sophisticated and complete. The only blanks that you will need to fill are for signature/date.
- Corporations for ERSOP® Plans—These are not simple-generic-internet-do-it-yourself corporations. They have important idiosyncrasies that need special attention.
Who Is ERSOP?
Our Crazy Skills
Meet Our Team
Steven, President, has 35+ years of Benefits Consulting and Pension Administration experience. Steve entered the pension field in 1979 designing and installing sophisticated defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans for the California Medical Association endorsed plan system. He has owned and operated his own pension consulting and administration firm since 1984, designing several thousand plans over the years. Steve Cooper and Karen Franklin incorporated and formed SDCooper Company in 2002. Steven was the first to successfully market the ERSOP Plan to Franchisors and Business Brokers (in 1999). He coined the term “ERSOP (Entrepreneur Rollover Stock Ownership Plan)” in 2001.
Karen, Vice-President and CFO, has 25+ years of Accounting and Tax experience specializing in small business taxation and employee benefits. Karen graduated Cum Laude from San Diego State University in 1988, and has taken extensive graduate courses in Taxation and Business Entities. Karen has practiced as a CPA Since 1991, worked with a large local CPA firm for several years, and served as Corporate Controller for a large ($60 Million) manufacturing company before working with Steve Cooper beginning in 1997. Karen developed the essential ERSOP Plan Exit Strategy in 1999 that entails the retirement of the stock in the ERSOP plan, and the subsequent S-Corporation election within the first few years of the business to minimize income taxes on the operations and eventual sale of the business.
Noel Conway, Esq.,V.P., Corporate Counsel
Noel graduated from Oregon State with a BS in mechanical engineering in 1954, He received his JD from U.S.C. in 1959. Noel, originally a patent lawyer, was in private practice in Orange County California from 1960 through 1975. In 1975 he entered the oil business. In 1984 Noel went back into private law practice as an environmental lawyer. Noel has taken advanced courses in corporation organization. Through the years he represented hundreds of corporations and their retirement plans. He has worked with the SBA explaining the proper use of an ERSOP Plan, and when the SBA may properly waive the guarantee. For the SDCooper Company, Noel’s restricts his practices to business law, corporate formations, related entities, proper issuance of the stock and related ERISA issues.
David Cooper, Shareholder, Director IT