ERSOP.com collects/may share/does not sell your Personal Information.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
We respect the privacy rights and choices you have, which vary depending on where you reside, your interactions with us, and your relationship to us.
Collecting and using Personal Information is necessary to our business as a leading financial services company in order to offer and administer our products and services and to comply with our regulatory obligations. Your trust is important to us. One way we earn it is by protecting and respecting your Personal Information.
If you are a current or former customer or client of ERSOP.com, we will also handle your Personal Information in accordance with our other privacy policies, which you may view here.
- Information We Collect
- Uses and Sharing
- How We Protect It
- "Do Not Track" Signals
- International Visitors
- For California Residents
- For Our Business Partners
- Links to Other Websites
- Your Rights and Choices
- Changes to This Policy
- Effective Date
- How to Contact Us
The Personal Information we collect falls into three general categories:
- information voluntarily provided by individuals or their authorized representatives,
- information we collect from third parties, and
- information automatically obtained from electronic device.
It is collected on paper forms and written correspondence, by telephone and faxes, and using online means such as the Internet, electronic devices, and via mobile applications.
The information that we collect online depends on which of our Websites or Mobile Applications (“Apps”) you are visiting or using, what you request or do on them, your relationship to us, interactions, and whether you can register or need to log in as a customer, client, account owner, care provider, participant, employee, advisor, financial professional, business partner, or other authorized user. Some information is provided by you to us while other data is automatically gathered.
When you visit our Websites or use our Apps, receive and respond to some of our promotional emails, or if you click on certain advertisements we place on other websites, we and contracted service providers acting on our behalf, may receive and collect certain information from and about you which may include Personal Information.
“Personal Information” means personally identifiable information that you provide via applications, online forms, surveys, and menu options, or that is automatically gathered when you visit our Websites or use our Apps. Personal Information may include (i) personal data such as name, address, email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, Social Security Number, and citizenship, (ii) financial data such as income, assets, banking information, and investment preferences, (iii) health data, such as medical, and health-related information and habits, and (iv) geographical location data.
Most information about our products and services can be viewed without our collecting or visitors providing Personal Information. However, our Website does require Personal Information to be entered, such as a name, phone number, email address, Social Security Number, date of birth, user id, PIN code, or password to ensure only authorized persons can access account information.
Information recorded and collected via telephone, email, and our online contact form will be retained and monitored in order to respond to your requests or inquiries, comply with certain regulatory obligations, and used for analytics and quality assurance purposes.
We collect and use aggregated data such as statistical, census, and demographic data for several purposes including operational efficiencies, product development, and for targeted marketing. Aggregated data does not directly or indirectly reveal the identity of individual consumers.
We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve your ERSOP.com experience, and to help us better personalize our interactions with you.
We collect various types of anonymous data about visitors to our Websites and users of our Apps. Certain information is collected by web browsers and/or through your device, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) or Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, internet browser type and version, links clicked, and searches conducted on our sites. We use this data for various purposes including to help us better understand user behavior, ensure our Websites and Apps function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and for security purposes. We also use various technologies applied to your browser or device, including cookies and web beacons.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are sent to your browser and stored on your computer, tablet, smartphone or other device when you visit a website. There are different kinds of cookies. Permanent (“persistent”) cookies remain on your device until you delete them. Temporary (“session”) cookies remain on your device until you close your browser. Some cookies are those set by us on our own websites. Third-party cookies are set by others when authorized by us to do so. Cookies allow us to collect data about users such as their browser types, the operating system on their devices, their IP addresses, time spent on the website, pages visited and when, user geographical location, and whether they are new or repeat visitors.
ERSOP.com does not sell your Personal Information.
We use and share your Personal Information when directed or requested by you, and to operate our business and provide services to you, such as to:
- Personalize and enhance your experience while you are visiting or using our Website to make navigation easier, and to gather usage statistics,
- Help recognize you as a previous visitor and save and remember your preferences and settings and deliver to you appropriate interest-based content,
- Verify your identity in order to allow access to your accounts, and protect the security of your account and Personal Information,
- Maintain or support products or services you have requested, purchased or obtained from us, administer claims, and to evaluate your eligibility for such products or services,
- Process transactions you have requested, are legally required, or that are necessary to administer our business,
- Provide customer service, respond to your inquiries, correspond with you and provide you with updates about your account or service, and conduct market research,
- Administer our business, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, determining the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns, for risk management purposes, fraud detection and prevention, to demonstrate compliance in regulatory examinations, and to comply with a legal process such as a court order or subpoena,
We will also use or share your Personal Information in order to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities, to protect and defend the rights or property of ERSOP.com, in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public, and as permitted or required by applicable law.
This information will be used to deliver advertisements across different marketing channels online (websites and apps) and offline (for example, by direct mail, email, or telephone) that is customized to meet specific interests you may have. It may include the sending of marketing emails based on the fact that a consumer visited a particular website.
Our Website may include social media buttons or icons (“plug-ins”) that enable users to easily share information on a social media platform. These plug-ins may log certain information such as your IP address, browser type and language, and what webpages you view and when. If you are logged into those social media platforms while using our Websites, they may also link such collected information with your profile on that platform. We do not control these third-party tracking technologies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies on social media platforms where you have an account to better understand how these third parties collect and treat such information. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of the social media platforms we use.
To help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use a combination of security measures and maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to keep it safe.
For example, we employ encryption techniques such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) and authentication technologies intended to safeguard the transmission of your Personal Information over the Internet. Some of our Websites utilize a timeout feature which will automatically log you out of your account after a period of idle time.
You should be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. There are steps you can take to help protect yourself, such as:
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computing device.
- Update your software when updates or patches become available to help address vulnerabilities that phishing scams and viruses may seek to exploit.
- If you maintain an account that you access through our Website you are responsible for protecting and maintaining the confidentiality of your user id and password and restricting access to your computing device.
- If you have a ERSOP.com account that is accessible online and become aware of any suspicious activity, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.
- Internet email is not necessarily secure. For that reason, do not use unsecured email to communicate sensitive or Personal Information to us that you may consider to be confidential.
- Always use an encrypted webpage or application to transmit personal or financial information. An “https://” and a padlock icon displayed in the address bar of your web browser will confirm you are on encrypted sections of our Websites.
- We recommend never disclosing your financial details on any social media site.
Be Aware of Phishing Emails
To help protect yourself, do not trust any unsolicited email communication that requests your Personal Information. Criminals can make fraudulent emails look like they come from legitimate sources, including ERSOP.com, or include links or instructions directing you to a website designed and operated by criminals to trick you into revealing such information. To help protect you, ERSOP.com will never send an unsolicited email message asking you to provide personal information. If you receive a suspicious message that appears to be from ERSOP.com, do not reply or click on the link. Instead, contact us directly to confirm the legitimacy of the message you received.
ERSOP.com cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the information we retrieve, or for technical difficulties and service interruptions. To learn more about protecting yourself on the Internet, visit www.staysafeonline.org.
ERSOP.com’s Website is hosted in the United States. If you are a resident of other countries, you should note that by providing your Personal Information, you are permitting:
- the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside; and
ERSOP.COM DOES NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DEFINED IN THE CCPA.
This notice applies to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information we obtain from government records,
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Important Note: Personal Information about our clients, customers, participants, and consumers that are regulated by the following federal or state privacy laws to which ERSOP.com is subject and complies is also exempt from most of the CCPA’s requirements:
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and its implementing Regulations (including SEC Regulation S-P),
- California Financial Information Privacy Act,
- Fair Credit Reporting Act,
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA),
- California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, and
- Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Information We Collect
One or more of our various businesses have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||No|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|Geolocation data||State and country location.||Yes|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.||Yes|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|Education information||Education records directly related to a student.||No|
|Inferences drawn from the above||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes|
Categories of Sources
We obtain Personal Information provided voluntarily by you or a family member when you submit an application or other similar forms directly to us or our service providers by mail, email, by telephone, or via our website. We also gather it from written or verbal inquiries submitted by you, surveys, transactions, and from online interactions with you.
We also collect information from third parties and publicly available sources, which include data service providers, social media services, advertising and market research firms, joint marketing partners, financial professionals, other financial services firms, employers and group plan sponsors, travel companies, and consumer reporting agencies.
Business Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
Collecting and using Personal Information is necessary to our business as a financial services company in order to develop, enhance, and administer our products and services, respond to your requests, inquiries and concerns, inform and educate you about our company and events, and for advertising and marketing purposes. It also helps us to confirm your identity for certain transactions you request or that are initiated on your behalf, improve our website user experience, authenticate users, prevent and detect fraud and potential security issues, and fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations such as tax reporting.
Disclosures of Personal Information
Depending on which of our businesses collected it, your Personal Information may have been disclosed to:
- You, your authorized representatives, legal agents, and other persons acting on your behalf or to whom you ask, instruct or authorize us to disclose your Personal Information,
- Our contracted service providers who provide a service to or on behalf of ERSOP.com, including analytics service providers, payment providers and intermediaries,
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, attorneys and others providing professional advice to ERSOP.com,
- Other financial institutions and reinsurers,
- Financial intermediaries (your advisor, broker, or brokerage firm), aggregators, clearinghouses, clearing or settlement systems,
- Group policyholders, plan sponsors and their third-party administrators,
- Applicable governmental, regulatory, supervisory, law enforcement, tax or similar authorities or industry bodies,
- Any other person or entity ERSOP.com reasonably thinks customary, necessary or advisable for the business purposes disclosed in our Privacy Notices or to whom ERSOP.com is obliged by applicable law or regulation to make the disclosure,
- Any other party where ERSOP.com has obtained your consent or authorization.
Business Purposes for Disclosure of Personal Information
- To advertise and market to you, and to consumers who are similar to you,
- To perform services on our behalf, including providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders, account maintenance, distributions, and transactions, processing payments, financing, and quality control,
- For risk management purposes, identity verification, information security, fraud detection and prevention,
- To prevent money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, and corruption,
- Undertaking internal research, operational efficiencies and improvements, product enhancements, and business development purposes,
- In connection with legal proceedings, such as responding to a subpoena or court order,
- To demonstrate compliance with our regulatory obligations,
- For reinsurance purposes,
- To report tax information to relevant tax authorities,
- In the event of any planned or actual company reorganization, merger, sale, or transfer, of our business.
Your CCPA Rights
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection of your Personal Information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you,
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information,
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or sharing your Personal Information,
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information, and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Please note that even if your request is validated, we will not at any time disclose sensitive information such as a consumer’s Social Security Number, account password, or answers to security questions.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our disclosures of your Personal Information to third parties. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected from you,
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale
ERSOP.com does not sell your Personal Information to third parties, so you do not need to request an opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information we collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your verified request, in compliance with the CCPA. However, in many cases we cannot delete all or some of it due to our regulatory obligations to retain certain information, or as required or permitted by other applicable laws, such as for fraud prevention and similar purposes. We will ensure that you understand what we will delete and what we cannot, and the reason for retention.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different level of service or quality of products to you.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
To submit a request to exercise any of your rights provided in this notice, please use our Contact Form or submit your request by phone by calling us at 1-866-693-7767.
We must be able to verify your identity and relationship to ERSOP.com before we take action on your request. Please provide sufficient information to assist us. Let us know if there is anything specific that you are requesting.
You may designate an authorized individual to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide a valid Power of Attorney, and a valid copy of the authorized individual’s government-issued identification.
As part of our general business activities we may collect information about you, or individuals you represent, such as directors, officers and other key management personnel. For certain business partners, we may collect your date of birth, government identifiers such as your Social Security number, and profile information which includes your transactions with us, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses. If you visit our website, we will collect device data including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login data (such as a username and password), the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, browser and operating system information and the Internet address of the site from which you linked to our site on the devices you use to access our websites.
We collect this information for purposes of:
- developing and managing our relationship with you,
- contacting you in response to your inquiries,
- establishing and verifying your identity where you wish to enter into a contractual agreement with us,
- authenticating your access to our office location, website, or to execute an order or request you have made on behalf of your employer or clients,
- administering, developing, or improving our products and services,
- conducting due diligence, managing our business risks and helping to identify, respond to, or investigate potentially suspicious activity such as fraud,
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, such as tax reporting and which may include reporting or responding to regulators, government, and law enforcement agencies,
- for market research, public relations, advertising, and marketing purposes.
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you online. Our Website provides features that allow you to access and update Personal Information you have provided, or manage your communications preferences.
You can opt-out of analytics activity by setting your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent and block analytics cookies if desired. Review your browser’s Help Menu for instructions.
You also may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below with questions or comments about our privacy practices.